BMW F800 Forum banner

Canadian Maritime tour ideas?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Airmangirard 
#1 ·
Greetings from a newbie here in forum-land
Just bought a F800Gt with the intent of next year riding from Boston to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia with 2 or 3 friends. Looking for people who know or have been to the area and can provide ideas and recommendations for what not to miss, places of interest, scenic roads to include, etc. Many thanks in advance for your time and sage advice.

#2 · (Edited)
Last summer me and a buddy rode from Connecticut (I shipped it there) up through Maine, across New Brunswick, over through Nova Scotia onto the ferry up to channel port aux basques, Newfoundland. We spent a week touring Newfoundland, the first few days up the West coast to ST Anthony, then out east to St. John's for a few days. While we were there we did the Irish loop, then took the ferry from Argentia back to NS. Then we headed up to PEI for a couple days. We took the ferry to get there and came back via the bridge. Then we worked our way back into Maine toward moosehead lake, then on to Vermont checking out some sites and staying in Stowe. From there we headed down to Mount Washington on the weekend so we could go up at to watch the sunrise. Then it was the long boring drive home to Wisconsin for me and to Connecticut for my friend.

My ST was flawless. We even did a bunch of gravel roads up in Newfoundland. We camped about every 3rd night on average (weather dependent), plus a couple nights on ferry's. We left in mid-July and got back the first week of August. Totaled 3500 miles over 16 days for me. My longest day on the bike was 800 miles which was the second to last day just trying to get home quickly. We had quite a bit of rain, temperatures range from a hundred degrees Fahrenheit down to around freezing.

Trip of a lifetime!

PM me if you want any additional details on where we stayed, what we did, etcetera.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.