BMW F800 Forum banner

The return of the Postie Bike

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  atsmurat 
#1 ·
Reactions: IanA
#2 ·
It'd be fun to be the first in your neighborhood to have one. I remember seeing guys on heavily loaded 110's out touring before there was ADV bikes.
I had a '63 Yamaha step through frame trail bike. 2 Stroke though.
A red beauty like this https://www.google.com/search?q=196...&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=eFPEhuJ24QC-oM%2CVK2hs1
I have a picture of me getting air in a housing development in Cal City Ca. It was only 50cc but fun.

#3 ·
One of my riding friends has a C90, along with 23 other motorcycles. Photo attached.

Attachments

Reactions: notacop
#5 ·
Here is a photo of the Australian version of the Trail 125, called the Hunter in that country. Selling price is something like $7,600 AU. Not a bad color, but I think I would prefer a red or yellow one.

Attachments

#8 ·
There were a couple of small off-road motorcycles in the 1960's that had a larger sprocket overlay that could be removed to allow a higher top speed for road work. I also think that one had different sized sprockets on each side of the wheel and you could just remove the rear wheel, flip it over and use the larger sprocket for off-road usage. In those days all chains were clipped together and you could carry a piece of longer chain in your too box and easily make the stock chain longer. I think Honda had a 900cc cruiser motorcycle that used a 4 or 5-speed gearbox with a transfer case that allowed the overall gear ratio to be changed with the flip of a lever. Lots of good ideas back then, but apparently the market just wasn't buying them in enough numbers to make the good ideas pencil out. Like fully-enclosed chains running in grease or oil. [;)]

Reactions: scf
#9 ·
Here is a short Youtube video showing closeups of the new Honda CT125 Hunter, including an intro with a drone flyover of canola fields in bloom and ending with a few photos of that big red tourist trap rock in the center of Australia. I have heard that it may be a few more months before this model arrives in North America.

#10 ·
#12 ·
AS nice as the Honda is a fully kitted CSC 450cc isn't much higher in price. But a 259 pound toy for going out and bashing about on trails and back roads is appealing. The 1.4 gallon tank feeding an engine that probably get 70+ mpg's means you better be carrying a fuel cell with you for traveling in a lot of the Western states.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.