BMW F 800 S Double Bubble AIRBLADE Screen - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

1 Week Ago
    hi all,

Anybody in here with any experience to share on the Double Bubble windshield by Airblade? Just ordered one on ebay because I am sick and tired of the buffeting around my neck and base of the helmet when riding my f800st. Was looking for a higher screen at first but saw different people mention that lower is better than higher.

Now I jumped the gun and ordered the racing screen but failed to validate how high it actually is (specs nowhere to be found on the internet) so I am getting the jitters if this will be money thrown away or not

If you have it on your bike would sure appreciate a picture showing it off.

Thanks,

Peter

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Andrew
    1 Hour Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Be sure to let us know your experience.
    Concrete remains undefeated. 

7 Hours Ago
    I got a clip on Puig knock off from Amazon for my ST. The screen is thick and it holds on well but no matter how many times I adjust both the height and angle I still get loud buffeting. Just saw an MC Rider YouTube video where he said you need a screen about the height of your lips to get rid of the buffeting. I’d rather deal with the wind pressure in my chest than the thunder in my ears. I’m going to take it off. Glad I only paid $30 rather than the Puig $110.

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Lonnie
    3 Hours Ago
    wives and windscreens - sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not -
    '13 F800GT
    '93 DR350S 

7 Hours Ago
    Word

2 Days Ago
    Man, I'm not going there, but-
    The Madstad, while not cheap, has been the best for us on several bikes. It transformed a Versys. That is what I expect to get for our ST.
    The Parabellum looks very good, too, and my past experience with them has been good.

8 Minutes Ago
    I find the Givi Touring screen is perfect for me. Diverts enough air off the chest area at 50mph+ to make it comfortable, and at motorway speeds (70 ish mph) it creates a nice clean bubble, quiet air flow, no wind buffetting etc.

It's also worth trying those screen adapters which add an adjustable plane at the top of the screen, sometimes they can help too.
    BMW F800ST, 2010, Black, Fuzeblock, Sat Nav, BMW Tank Bag, Givi Touring Screen, Spotlights, 50K Miles 

1 Day Ago
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800S
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherryriver View Post
    Man, I'm not going there, but-
    The Madstad, while not cheap, has been the best for us on several bikes. It transformed a Versys. That is what I expect to get for our ST.
    The Parabellum looks very good, too, and my past experience with them has been good.
    I'm going to agree with the Madstad. I have one with the adjustment adapter and its been great. I can set it for freeway speeds and change it back for street very easily. You can adjust height and angle.

I guess the only downside to it, which is my personal opinion, is the aesthetic. I have the F800 S and it looks great when I have bags on, but I personally think it looks a wee goofy and definitely takes away the sport/sleek look when it's naked.