Update on sat nav fallen off - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

4 Weeks Ago
    Hi all , this is an update on my navigator 6 bailing out at 120 km on autobahn . Bike was checked by local dealer and report given to bmw - surprisingly they couldn’t fault the cradle or nav using quote ‘ force greater than JUST WIND ‘ , eh that would be a 120 km ph ‘wind ‘ actually , then I submitted my basecamp trace file from the incident - thanks due to Bruce aka teapot one ( you tuber ) which clearly showed length of journey speed etc and also exact moment sat nav went awol . They have now agreed to replace my cradle and nav unit under warranty so a big thank you to bmw and just shows you they really do deserve the well known fact that there warranty is second to none - you just have to present your facts logically - well they are German after all eh

2. Thanks Daboo thanked for this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Rich
    1 Day Ago
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800 ST
    Thanks for the update. Nice to see the BMW warranty doing what it is supposed to. A few months back I noticed the small rubber vibration washers were cracking in my satnav cradle. BMW replaced the whole satnav since neither the washers or cradle are available separately (Navigator Street). Do you have any idea why your cradle failed?
    18 F800GT 

4 Weeks Ago
    Nice idea whatsoever , had used the cradle on my gt for a year so familiar with the usage ,we were going down the autobahn and I just noticed this black thing going over my right arm - at first I thought it was a bird till I looked down 5 secs to see an empty cradle so not a clue why it happened , previous to it bailing it had been on for 80 miles at motorway speed

6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

4 Weeks Ago
    So if anything happens - accused of speeding / accident etc. - well worth a check on your nav base camp data - again big thanks to Bruce aka teapot one - check him out on you tube

1 Day Ago
    Motorcycle
    '16 F800 GT
    Motorcycle
    '16 R1200RT
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee hayser View Post
    So if anything happens - accused of speeding / accident etc. - well worth a check on your nav base camp data
    Unless you were speeding - then it might be better not to look at the Nav Base Camp.......or to show your wife how to access that information at any time!

4 Weeks Ago
    Yes I suppose there is that side of it ha ha , defenitely saved my skin( not to mention a substantial amount of cash ) consulting and showing bmw customer services the base camp info , as for the wife you can even view it as a load of peaks and troughs which unless she is used to viewing telemetry data in which case your screwed either way , if all else fails just mention shoes or handbags to throw her off the scent ha ha