Seat Cushion - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

6 Days Ago
    Being of a shorter inseam - my 2015 F700gs low seat is not very comfy - my delicate tush hurts after riding an hour. Any suggestions on comfort specifically when my legs meet my tush? Contour existing seat or buy a new cushion / seat?

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

12 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800ST
    Welcome, Delicate Tush, from the coast of Kansas. Glad you found us.

There are lots of options for after-market seats and cushions. My advice: don't spend much money (definitely do not buy a custom seat=$$$) until you try the cheap solution. I have used an Airhawk and Bead Rider from time to time on new bikes until my less-than-delicate tush got used to the stock seat. But after a few days in the saddle, on every one of my bikes over the years, my tush has grown accustomed to the seat and there were no problems thereafter. I reckon I have saved thousands and thousands on unneeded custom seats.

Good luck.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

Melbourne, Australia IanA is offline F800Riders.org Supporter

Real Name
    Ian
    4 Hours Ago
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191211_160906.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	369267The extralow OEM seat on my '19GT is a bit firm and can get a little achey on long trips. much improved by a 12mm gel pad (EBay $15), shaped and stitched into homemade cloth cover, held on the bike with velcro tapes. Works remarkably well, not much seat height sacrificed and easily removable.

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

1 Day Ago
    Well mine was the same, too hard and after an hour was looking to get off and have a break. Bought a gel pad off ebay cut out a recess in seat foam and it made little difference only marginally better. Tried again with a piece of memory foam which I bought from a fabric / diy place cost me £4 , cut it to shape put into the recess I had cut for the gel pad (junked that) stapled the cover back into place and hey presto...brilliant much more comfort and I don't even notice now.

7. Likes Daboo, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Lyle
    18 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    I have the OEM comfort seat on my GS and I find it pretty cushy, I also own an Airhawk and have tried it with the comfort seat and it doesn't really help,,. I've been able to put in some long days on the GS and I find conditioning helps as the season progresses,,.
    The Airhawk makes a world of difference on my Ninja 1000 which has a firmer sport style seat, it may likely be the answer on your harder OEM style seat,,.

Real Name
    Jim
    4 Days Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '74 T150T Trident
    Motorcycle
    '07 Ninja 650R
    If by " when my legs meet my tush" you mean 'where' your legs meet your tush, I suggest you try compression shorts (underwear), and specifically ones that don't have any seams where your legs go over the top-side corners of the seat.
    '08 F800ST Low