F800St Handlebar Bag/Storage - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

6 Hours Ago
    I now have a nice big top box for the bike (58L) and I also have the BMW tank bag, but i don't need both on at the same time but do want to keep some storage on the front end. The tank bank is a big big for what i need day-to-day and so i was looking at tank bags which attach to the handlebar. Now the ST handlebar does not have the large rise from the stem out to the grips so it slightly limits the options, but i was looking at adding a handlebar brace to give the bag something to clip/velcro onto.

Has anyone added a handlebar bag/storage solution?
    And/Or has anyone fitted a generic brace on to the standard ST bars?

TIA
    BMW F800ST, 2010, Black, Fuzeblock, Sat Nav, BMW Tank Bag, Givi Touring Screen, Spotlights, 50K Miles 

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Dave Watson
    7 Hours Ago
    DJ123. I can't answer your question on suitable handlebar bags, but would not a bag obscure your view of the instruments? I know I had to fiddle a bit with the location of my sat nav.

Real Name
    Cramer
    13 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Without bar risers it would be tough to find one to fit. Perhaps you could consider a small strap down tank bag?

I've found the original tank bag to be the perfect size. I keep it on all the time. I store a couple pairs of gloves, flashlight, bungee straps, a hat, phone/GPS Ram mount (when not on handlebars), charging cords, retractable cable lock, alarm remote, plastic plate for kickstand in the mud, neck gaiter, plastic bag, and a pair of sunglasses. I save my 45L top case for jacket and pants, groceries, and/or a backpack for work stuff. My side cases stay at home unless I'm taking a road trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    08' F800ST- side panniers & Shad SH45 top case, Russell Day Long seat, MRA Vario Windscreen, SW Motech crash bars, ZTechnik exhaust, PC-8 fuseblock, Stebel Nautilus horn, Throttlemeister throttle lock, SW Motech handlebar risers, LED fog lights, highway pegs 

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

6 Hours Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Redned View Post
    DJ123. I can't answer your question on suitable handlebar bags, but would not a bag obscure your view of the instruments? I know I had to fiddle a bit with the location of my sat nav.
    No, it wouldn't be a big bag and would sit reasonably low. My sat nav sits on the LH bar, next to the switch gear.
    BMW F800ST, 2010, Black, Fuzeblock, Sat Nav, BMW Tank Bag, Givi Touring Screen, Spotlights, 50K Miles 

6 Hours Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by ccramerusc View Post
    Without bar risers it would be tough to find one to fit. Perhaps you could consider a small strap down tank bag?

I've found the original tank bag to be the perfect size. I keep it on all the time. I store a couple pairs of gloves, flashlight, bungee straps, a hat, phone/GPS Ram mount (when not on handlebars), charging cords, retractable cable lock, alarm remote, plastic plate for kickstand in the mud, neck gaiter, plastic bag, and a pair of sunglasses. I save my 45L top case for jacket and pants, groceries, and/or a backpack for work stuff. My side cases stay at home unless I'm taking a road trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    My aim is to have a set up of no tank bag, or having one. Same with the top box - i toyed with the idea of a smaller one but then i'd always be between them.

I do find the tank bag ok, and not too big. But as i say it sometimes feels overkill to have it when i don't need it all the time. However i still want a small amount of storage (phone charged, disc lock, wipes, etc) to have to hand without having to go in to the Top Box.

Real Name
    Nigel
    3 Hours Ago
    You might be able to adapt something like this for your needs :-

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-stash-saddle-bag-1

I've one on my bicycle when out and about, big enough for a phone, multi tool, small change and house keys. Velcro straps make putting it on and taking it off easy. Pretty waterproof and around a tenner so not much lost if it doesn't work for you.

All the best.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

13 Hours Ago
    Perhaps something like this -
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32810562307.html

Or a crossbar -
    www.aliexpress.com/item/4000505082625.html

Can you help attach a relevant pouch in front of you

6 Hours Ago
    i've found a small, 8 litre SW Motech Tankbag/Tail Pack to see how that works. It doesn't need a separate fitting kit so nothing to add, and will also (potentially) attach to my top box too.

Price wise it's the same as what a Handlebar bag would be on its own, so i'll see how this goes as a compromise.