BMW F800 Forum banner

Who closed the Wildwilly thread

4K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  XR1000 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have just read about our old friend WildWilly. Very sad news indeed. I was wanting to say a few things but it is now closed and I am wondering why.

Bill was a constant supporter of this site, welcoming new guy's, his 'worst jokes ever' his banter and so on. We used to take the mik out of each other privately and on line here.

So, who ever closed the that thread, please re-open it.

Flook

Rest easy my old F8 mate Bill rest easy.

#2 ·
Not me. I didn't do it. I spent my day changing the rear tire on my BMW R1200RS.

Reactions: Flook
#3 ·
+1 on that , Dave. Thanks for raising it. I started that thread so that members would know what Bill's outcome was and had a place to express their feelings for the man, whatever their interaction with him in Life. I notice Bill's farewell thread in which he warned us of his situation, has also been closed. I am OK with that, which is why I posted on it to direct members to the General Discussion thread, which should remain open. Bill deserves that, at least! IanA

#4 ·
HI, I now know who closed that thread and the reasons why, but, and a big but is this, despite those reasons and I have no reason at all to disbelieve them, that what Bill contributed to this site and many of us who laughed at his jokes and humour has helped to make this site a more jolly place.

I appreciate what has been sent to me has had a very deep affection them, but to me, it seems out of spite that has deemed it fit to close down that thread, and wont re-open it. So, that leaves only this thread. I advise that person not to publish anything that may be detrimental, also, may well have a consequence of a backfire from you guy's which I personally would not like to happen, what ever our personal thoughts and opinions may be.

I appreciate Bill was a marmite character, you either loved him or hated him, that should make no real difference, he was a human being, he had a life, he had opinions and he voiced them good or bad.

Flook

#12 ·
Can't say that I knew WildWilly but it's a sad old world if his friends, are denied the basic human right of expressing their condolences at his passing, by writing a few heart felt words.

Not a well thought out decision by one of the moderator's by the looks of it.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
unfortunately so. If you don't want to see someones post, or to interact with them simply add them to your ignore list . . . i would like to think we're all adults and should be able to arise above differences, and learn when enough is enough. I'm on a few forums where there are some people who clash, but it quickly passes. There are always 2 sides to a story.

Any who, sad to hear about Bill. I can't think how much i have/haven't interacted with him, but being a long time member he surely had an influence on the Forum and most likely partook some knowledge we've read, used or inherited. It sounds like he had a good innings and was a character, on here and in life.

#9 ·
I have replied to a PM I had, so we will have to wait and see. I wont say who I replied to, but there are unfortunate personal circumstances involved. So let us not dwell on that too much, and use this as a type of remembrance post which our good friend AlanA originally posted.

However if this post does get locked it is not with my permission, which I think should have been asked for and reasons given to the original poster AlanA.

May you all have a very good Xmas and your New Year be the best it can under the present climate.

Flook[8D]

Reactions: IanA and oxytotl
#11 ·
Thank you Flook for contacting me.

I'd had the occasional contact with Bill and sent him an email recently to ask if he was ok as I knew he was in poor health and had sold his bike. Not aware of his demise it turned out I sent my last mail to him the day after he died - he hadn't let on how ill he was.

Bill had a great sense of humour, for which I'm thankful and saw the funny side in most things - may he rest in peace. At least 'the other side' get to know his jokes!

:pray:
:angel:

#13 ·
It all seems very un-christian at this time in everyone's life, when people that enjoyed banter with someone can't pass their thoughts on, even on this forum, once they have passed on.

#18 ·
Bewilderment is ceding to anger over this, a knee jerk reaction we can all be guilty of but what is abundantly clear the will of the forum members is the Wildwilly thread should not have been closed and should be reopened, having checked both the forum rules and the thread it's clear the Wildwilly thread stayed within the rules and so had no grounds for closure. Who is this forum for, the members or a moderator? Hypocrisy is the word that springs to mind.

Reactions: IanA
#19 ·
Okay guy's try not to get too wound up here. I agree seeing a locked thread like this is not to every ones taste. I have sent the Administrator another request to open that thread, and it wont help any if any angst is shown here through frustration.

However I do have it in writing that the Admin will be taking a leave for a year, he says he will return in a years time to see how things are progressing. I am hoping that one or two of you may want to try the responsibility of this undertaking to become administrators. Preferably from different countries, even continents. This should in theory give a balanced Admin to this forum of intercontinental members.

I have noticed over the past few years the Admins have decreased to the point of one left, he had felt very aggrieved and had apparently taken it personally things mentioned around this F8 site. Some may be true but certainly not helpful. This came to a point when he had received some personal mail by post or snail mail as some may call it, which he considered inflammatory from Bill. I have had this confirmed to me by another member who was mentioned in that PM to me from Admin. So now you know what Admin (Daboo) is doing and the reasons why.

If you have any queries PM me, otherwise please just pay your respects to Bill (WildWilly) here.

Your good freind

Flook [8D]

Reactions: IanA and Richard230
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.