BMW F800 Forum banner

F800 GT - Replacing Melted Instrument Panel Bezel ?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jman_71 
#1 ·
Inquiring of this forum to see if anyone has any experience in disassembling F800-GT fairing to the point of gaining access to the back of the instrument panel. As the 'Title' subject suggests, I had the unfortunately luck of having my V-Stream windscreen melt a hole in the instrument panel cluster this past summer. While I was fortunate enough to have a great friend plastic weld the hole to get me through the remainder of the riding season, I have purchased a new replacement bezel to bring it back to original condition. A small winter project for myself.

Based on my early disassembly, seems like I will need to removed headlight assembly to get to back of the instrument panel mount, but perhaps someone here knows something that I do not.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. While I've followed this forum for years, this represents by first post.

Appreciated - Phil

#3 ·
FWIW, if it is just the bezel that has melted, I'd just put one of these shrouds over it. Goes on in a flash, actually helps cut down the glare, looks pretty good too. I've put one on both my GTs.
I have the same issue on my ST, bought it from someone that clearly left it outside a lot and the black surrounds are missformed. At least I have a clue as to why now. Going to give this shroud a go and see how it looks as the clear plastic is fine. Thanks for the heads up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.