Bike not starting and oil pressure light on - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

2 Days Ago
    Hi all,

I have a 2007 F800ST. Went for a ride today and the bike died on me. The oil pressure light was flashing. After waiting a few minutes, I restarted the bike and made my way home but she was running rough. Sure enough, oil was needed!

I then went to restart the bike and she now won't even attempt to start. The oil light is on again yet the level is correct. The bike turns over but that is it.

Any advice at all? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Cramer
    4 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    If your oil was low enough to cause the light to come on then you probably did some real damage to the cylinders or piston rings leading to things seizeing. I would not have ridden it home. That might have been the final nail in the coffin.

Make sure you have a full charge on the battery and try to get it to turn over. If you can get it running with fresh oil then the damage might wear off and it'll be okay. If that's the case change the oil soon thereafter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    08' F800ST- side panniers & Shad SH45 top case, Russell Day Long seat, MRA Vario Windscreen, SW Motech crash bars, ZTechnik exhaust, PC-8 fuseblock, Stebel Nautilus horn, Throttlemeister throttle lock, SW Motech handlebar risers, LED fog lights, highway pegs 

2 Days Ago
    It was just a mile from home. Once I put in more oil it did start again but then died. No joy since. The engine is turning over but no ignition

5. Likes ccramerusc liked this post
  6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Cramer
    4 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Sorry, I must have missed your last sentence that it will turn over but not start. That's good news. Please ignore my post earlier.

The next thing I would check is the fuel system. Can you hear the fuel pump when you first turn the key on? It's easiest to hear with the seat removed. Could be the fuel pump or pump regulator and the oil light is just coincidence.

08' F800ST- side panniers & Shad SH45 top case, Russell Day Long seat, MRA Vario Windscreen, SW Motech crash bars, ZTechnik exhaust, PC-8 fuseblock, Stebel Nautilus horn, Throttlemeister throttle lock, SW Motech handlebar risers, LED fog lights, highway pegs 

2 Days Ago
    Battery is fine, fuel pump is fine as fuel is flowing when ignition is turned on, oil level is fine but still not firing.

Real Name
    Cramer
    4 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Well then that just leaves spark. Computer (or a connection), plugs, or coils. It might be worth scanning the ecu for errors/faults.

10. Likes 308bever liked this post