First post from a pending new owner - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Robin
    03-29-21
    Greetings everyone
    New member here and my first post. Straight away, an admission: I'm not an owner...yet. But I do have first refusal on a very nice 2017 F800R which I have just viewed but due to lockdown can't road test for another month or so. Really looking forward to riding it though. I'm still researching the bike and do have a couple of quick questions for those who know (that's you lot) please.
    1. I would certainly want to fix a screen of some kind, No doubt other threads on here on this subject but are there any quick recommendations? The MRA one looks ok but I haven't found any others yet
    2. Can someone clarify the situation re. the "adjustable seat height". I understand 3 heights are avialable but is this an aftersale accesory or can the existing seat be modified? I would be interested in the taller option being 6.1 in height.
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

1 Minute Ago
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    Welcome,

Regards seat height, it's three separate seats.

At over six foot I suspect you would prefer the high.
    In the Garage 2013 BMW F800 GT,1994 BMW R80 RT,1986 BMW R80 GS,1999 Yamaha SR125
    Sorley missed Honda TLR200
    Enjoy the ride 

04-29-21
    I also a new member of this forum

5. Likes El Spicoli liked this post
  6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

06-22-21
    At over six foot I suspect you would prefer the high.

4 Days Ago
    So did you bought that bike?

9. Likes El Spicoli liked this post

09-06-21
    hi

Real Name
    Richard
    5 Hours Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperHale901 View Post
    hi
    Are you simulating a Bot? Try posting something more intelligent and introduce yourself in the appropriate section of the forum. Otherwise you will get dumped off of the site if you continue to post random messages. Include your location, your first name, which model motorcycle you ride and where you ride it.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

3 Weeks Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Robi55 View Post
    Greetings everyone
    New member here and my first post. Straight away, an admission: I'm not an owner...yet. But I do have first refusal on a very nice 2017 F800R which I have just viewed but due to lockdown can't road test for another month or so. Really looking forward to riding it though. I'm still researching the bike and do have a couple of quick questions for those who know (that's you lot) please.
    1. I would certainly want to fix a screen of some kind, No doubt other threads on here on this subject but are there any quick recommendations? The MRA one looks ok but I haven't found any others yet
    2. Can someone clarify the situation re. the "adjustable seat height". I understand 3 heights are avialable but is this an aftersale accesory or can the existing seat be modified? I would be interested in the taller option being 6.1 in height.
    Thanks!
    I’ll say on the screen that my advice is to take an MRA, but if I were you, I would google the screens and pick them up for myself so that I could use it. Tales are generally love. In general, I am engaged in software development. I always need to keep abreast of the latest events, for this I read https://sirinsoftware.com/services/h...e_development/, because this is just a top service with the best community and just an excellent presentation of information. Definitely, I recommend it to those who are connected with IT.