First post from pending owner! - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Robin
    03-29-21
    Greetings everyone
    New member here and my first post. Straight away, an admission: I'm not an owner...yet. But I do have first refusal on a very nice 2017 F800R which I have just viewed but due to lockdown can't road test for another month or so. Really looking forward to riding it though. I'm still researching the bike and do have a couple of quick questions for those who know (that's you lot) please.
    1. I would certainly want to fix a screen of some kind, No doubt other threads on here on this subject but are there any quick recommendations? The MRA one looks ok but I haven't found any others yet
    2. Can someone clarify the situation re. the "adjustable seat height". I understand 3 heights are avialable but is this an aftersale accesory or can the existing seat be modified? I would be interested in the taller option being 6.1 in height.
    Thanks.

2. Likes TheMeteor liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Richard
    11 Hours Ago
    Welcome, Robin. I am sure someone here can answer your question. Since you are asking about the F800R you might want to also pose your question on the F800R sub-forum.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

Real Name
    Gunther
    23 Hours Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Robi55 View Post
    ...I would be interested in the taller option being 6.1 in height.
    Lucky you First years models came with option saddle, high, normal, low or extralow, I assume that the taller seat is an optional/aftersale accessory, maybe someone wuold like to swap a tall to a normal one
    Su cunnu! 

6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

2 Weeks Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    Lucky you First years models came with option saddle, high, normal, low or extralow, I assume that the taller seat is an optional/aftersale accessory, maybe someone wuold like to swap a tall to a normal one
    That would be an option. Welcome to you!

Real Name
    Gerry
    10 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800ST
    Welcome, Robin. I hope the F8 deal works out for you.
    2009 F800ST (Night Blue Metallic) l 1999 SV650 (Naked & Red) l
    l 2012 G650 GS Sertao l 2012 Can-Am Spyder RT-S (Mrs. Meteor's...) 

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    1 Minute Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Welcome Robin, from down the road here in Northants.

Seat heights, well there are three different seats, not any are adjustable though. First of all, how tall are you, and your inside leg. Me I am 5'6" tall with a 29" inseam. The low seat is more suitable for me, though I do have an AirHawk pad. Best to ask the seller what the seat type is, the options have been mentioned above.

Screen, well I suggest you try out the bike first, if the owner lets you ride it (if it is a private sale) or from a dealer take a ride and see what you think. I have on my ST a Madstad screen that is fully adjustable up/down, foward/back. But that is my personal preference. If it is privately owned, that may want to hold a large deposit from you, reason being incase you ride the bike away and never return. It has been known to happen.

All the best

Flookie
    Please note, the thoughts and opinions of Flook does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of other posts & site users therein