BMW F800 Forum banner

Just arrived

965 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  poesiapoeta35 
#1 ·
Hi,
Thought I’d join up. Not even got my GS yet, hopefully next week. Getting rid of my AT DCT for an F800GS. Basically just swapping them at a bike shop. Love the AT, but should’ve gone manual rather than DCT. Fell in love with the F800GS after sitting on one in the BMW place in Munich a few years ago. Can’t wait.
Take care. 👍

#4 ·
Welcome, Daveywww. I am sure you will love your new GS. They are great bikes and fun to ride anywhere. [:)]

Reactions: daveywww
#6 ·
No Royce, I’m in the UK. We go on a ‘lads’ holiday each year, usually Eastern Europe or Germany, where there is cheap beer and sausages. Love Germany, been there several times. I like Bavaria in particular, Munich, Nuremberg etc. Cheers.

#8 ·
Got it yesterday. Love it. Some gripes, heavy clutch lever, my hand is killing me. Stalled a few times. Needs plenty of gas when taking off. Had an Africa Twin DCT for a year, so not used to clutch work. Pull the clutch in and flash the headlights. Had to swing the angle of the clutch down to avoid it.
Ordered a tall screen. I’m 6 2, and the stock screen is useless. Head and chest buffered to hell. Put engine bars on, an LED headlamp, LED spot lights, new end can.
It’s got new Michelin Anakee 3’s on, and it’s like a sports bike around the corners. Love it ��

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.