Panniers advice - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

3 Weeks Ago
    Hi everyone - looking for some advice for panniers for F800GT . The OEM ones look like they’d put too much width on for filtering ( I’m in London). Does anyone have any experience with this or can recommend a slimmer alternative? TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Rich
    15 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800 ST
    You can get the Sports panniers for the GT. Not 100% sure, but when they're not expanded they look to be less deep than the standard touring panniers.
    18 F800GT 

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Besides the BMW offerings, I suggest looking at Shad and other manufacturers. I have SW-Motech 37 liter panniers on my GT. It does make it wide. But...you can fit any size SW-Motech pannier on that mounting hardware and get the overall width slimmer. And an advantage is that if you go to another bike some day, you can take the panniers with you.

I'd also look at some other bike forums and see what they use. Then see if that manufacturer makes mounting hardware for the GT.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6 

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

7 Hours Ago
    Do you need the capacity of both panniers (60+ litres?) what is it you need to store in them? A top box may be more useful & can be close to the capacity required.
    BMW F800ST, 2010, Black, Fuzeblock, Sat Nav, BMW Tank Bag, Givi Touring Screen, Denali Spotlights, Denali CANSmart, Wunderlich Crash Bars, 55K Miles & counting 

A dry bag or backpack, bungeed onto the rear seat and luggage rack might do the trick as well. Or at least, it would be an option till you found something better.

3 Weeks Ago
    Thanks everyone

1 Day Ago
    I leave my panniers on all the time, in London. I find they don’t restrict filtering that much. There are not many times when I think I would make more progress if they weren’t there. It will depend on your regular routes, eg on the A4 west of Hammersmith, it is just wide enough to filter without panniers, but not with panniers. This is the exception; usually I think you could filter on any bike, or not at all.