Delkevic end can - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

1 Week Ago
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Fitted this the other day after reviewing a few posts on exhausts on here. A Delkevic DL10. I paid extra for the black as I think it sits perfectly with the black of the bike.

I wanted a nice sound without being overly obtrusive and after a couple of rides it seems to be just right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180687269_249860703339581_5876071689564724253_n.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	373111

Thinking my next mod will be quite humdrum, just some tank pads as I want more purchase when I'm trying to brace against the tank (battery). I like the Wunderlich ones Nippy Norman offer but... £47

2. Likes theSpeedRacerX liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Lonnie
    14 Hours Ago
    looks good -
    '13 F800GT
    '93 DR350S 

Real Name
    Jim
    5 Days Ago
    Motorcycle
    '09 F650GS (Twin)
    I have a similar unit on my F650GS.

It's a great piece of equipment, but I picked up some vibration that makes it through the metal-on-metal rear hanger.
    The OEM unit has a nice big soft rubber bushing ...

Has anyone found a way to "bush" the rear hanger?

thanks!
    Blue 2009 F650GS - H-B crash bars, TT luggage rack, Pelican top case, BMW Vario Panniers & bash plate, 20mm handlebar risers, LED voltmeter, Sargent seat, MudSling, a few other trinkets ... I may be just about at the end of the farkle train  

6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Banish
    2 Days Ago
    I had a Tomei on my WRX that had a rubber insert (Google Tomei Exhaust Silencer Rubber Band, I'm too new to post a URL) that was form-fitted to the hanger and around the muffler can. I've recently learned to love Hi-Temp RTV silicone. What if you removed the hanger and lined it with the RTV silicone so simulate this band, let it set and then hook the hanger back? With the silicone, you could make the inside of the hanger as thick or thin as you would want to dampen vibration. The silicone would be heat resistant which you would want on a hot exhaust and if it doesn't work, just remove the hanger and rub the silicone off.

Real Name
    Jim
    5 Days Ago
    Motorcycle
    '09 F650GS (Twin)
    Thanks Banish!

mine came with rubber insert for the can strap(hanger) ....
    and it is helpful... but am still wondering if there is a way I can "replicate" the OEM isolation mount more or less...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	isolation mount.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	373773
    Blue 2009 F650GS - H-B crash bars, TT luggage rack, Pelican top case, BMW Vario Panniers & bash plate, 20mm handlebar risers, LED voltmeter, Sargent seat, MudSling, a few other trinkets ... I may be just about at the end of the farkle train  

10 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '06 F800S
    I have never bothered with aftermarket exhausts, the stock ones are just fine. I bought a BMW R1100S that had a Two Brothers carbon fibre tail pipe. Zero baffles in it and it could wake the dead. Managed to obtain a standard BMW tail section from the USA (none 2nd hand in UK at the time) and peace returned for the remaining 11 years that I had the bike.

Real Name
    Jim
    5 Days Ago
    Motorcycle
    '09 F650GS (Twin)
    Quote Originally Posted by mh374 View Post
    I have never bothered with aftermarket exhausts, the stock ones are just fine. I bought a BMW R1100S that had a Two Brothers carbon fibre tail pipe. Zero baffles in it and it could wake the dead. Managed to obtain a standard BMW tail section from the USA (none 2nd hand in UK at the time) and peace returned for the remaining 11 years that I had the bike.
    I hear ya...

I bought the Delkevic as this was the ad copy that came with it... the ad copy was correct, but the "suspension" / hanger system ... like pretty much every aftermarket can I've seen...
    Leaves something to be desired...

Delkevic 18" carbon fiber oval mufflers are manufactured from a pre-formed carbon fiber composite sleeve and 304 stainless steel. This muffler has the quietest, deepest tone of mufflers we offer. This will be the closest sounding to stock available and best for long haul trips.