AF-XEID Throwing O2 Sensor Error? - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

1 Week Ago
    Hi all. I've poured over the forums and haven't found a similar note on this so here goes. I've owned a 2017 f800 GSA for a little over a year and while it's a dream to ride, it has it's quirks. It came with the XEID device AND the manual, thankfully but the ride had never really been smooth. I hear people mention 'snatchyness' a lot but I don't really know what that means. My issue is more like a 'bucking' and feels like there are bumps in the road when there aren't any. Is that what we call surging? Anyway, I had someone hook up a diagnostic reader and reset the service interval but there was still an error thrown from the O2 sensor "5043 : Oxygen sensor 1, implausible signal or value".

I've just done the air filter and plugs and it's a bit better but my question is should the XEID module be leading to this O2 error or is this a legit faulty sensor?

Thank you for your input. Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

3 Minutes Ago
    I would unplug the XEID module first and see if that helps the riding and clears the code. If it doesn't then i would remove the sensor and clean it (if possible to do so) and then try again.

The snatchy nature of these engines is low down in the rev range on small throttle openings. Usually further up (2k+ revs) they are a lot more linear in the power delivery.
    BMW F800ST, 2010, Black, Fuzeblock, Sat Nav, BMW Tank Bag, Givi Touring Screen, Denali Spotlights, Denali CANSmart, Wunderlich Crash Bars, 55K Miles & counting 

4. Likes Richard230 liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    2 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 KLR650
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800GS ADV
    I thought with the 2017s, the snatchyness was resolved with the ride by wire.

6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

1 Week Ago
    Thank you everyone. I will try the unplug method and give it a go. After plugs and an air filter, the ride is much smoother at #7, but it's only been one short ride. Cheers!