New owner figuring things out, tire pressure - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

42 Minutes Ago
    Been working on my new to me 07 f800s and sorting things out. Bike has been sitting since 2011, 2012. Fuel was bad as well as the pump. Cleaned out the tank and changed pump and the bike runs great. The triangle light is on and when I hit the button I get -- --. My guess the light is on because it's not reading the tire pressure. So the batteries are dead, was wondering if there is a way to wake them up, aftermarket replacements or new batteries? Thanks for any input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Andrew
    12 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    New batteries requires a lot of labour to remove the sealing material. There are examples on YouTube.

There are also a few posts on the forum where members have purchased after market sensors and the tool to wake them up. But, you will need a further tool to program into the bike's computer (gs911 or Motoscan.)
    Concrete remains undefeated. 

notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

1 Day Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    Or, just get a tire gauge at the auto shop and fugitaboutit. The aftermarket sensors are not terribly expensive and come with a display device. I've put those on a friends Subaru and they work satisfactorily. There are videos on line that work through the process of repairing your BMW sensors. Too much of a PITA for me. I just use the gauge occasionally.

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    I'd suggest buying two new replacement sensors. I got mine off of the evil empire, Amazon. Cost was about $30 each. The tool to wake them up is about $14.

Then you still need the GS-911 or Motoscan tool, if I remember correctly. I picked up a used one of the old style for about $100 when I purchased my bike. The expense was well worth it.

I kept my old sensors. When the currently installed sensors begin to fail from a weak battery, I'll cut out the sealant. It's not that big a deal. A pocket knife will do most of the work. And then I'll fiddle with getting new batteries to work.

I recommend doing it this way because then you'll have sensors ready for install. It's not as big a deal if you're changing your own tires, but if you're taking the tires to the shop to swap out, telling them to hold off for an hour or more while you replace the battery isn't going to go over well.

You could do the after-market TPMS system, but you'd still have the warning on the dash. Sure, you'll get used to it, but why?

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6 

42 Minutes Ago
    I rode today and just going to forget about it. LOL