BMW F800 Forum banner

Bar End Bolt Size

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MattofCarlisle 
#1 ·
Good afternoon, all. Does anyone know of the bolt size for the bar end weights on my 2013 F800R? I'm making a set of handguards and would like to swap the cone-end bolt with a cap end. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Matt

#3 ·
There's a fine resource hosted by Max BMW where you can check these sort of things using the on line parts fiche. Google should provide you with the URL.

In this case, it looks like you're referring to a counter sunk M12x65 i.e. it's a M12 bolt 65mm long with a counter sunk head.

As a double check, you could of course remove the bolt and carefully measure it with a ruler. Most if not all fastners on your machine will be fine pitch although a pitch gauge is an useful little tool for not much money that allows a quick check to be done when measuring.

Hope you find some of this of use, there's plenty more to simple standard nuts and bolts than most think.

Ride safety.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Thanks, all. Given that the OEM bolt is M12 - 1.5 x 65 mm, I was "hoping" to find one that's at least 70 and up to 80 mm long, just to add a little more weight. I'm currently unable to find anything other than zinc coated bolts - it may look crummy, but will be better than nothing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.