Failed Fuel Pump Wire - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry



Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Points: 256, Level: 5

    Joined
    Jun 2021
    Online
    2 Weeks Ago
    Posts
    4 / 0 / 0 / 0
    Hey guys (and gals)…

    Had a crank but no start issue. Turns out it was the wiring from my fuel pump to the fuel pump controller connection. Does anyone have a part number for that small wiring harness???

    2014 F800GS

  2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Richard230's Avatar
    Points: 289,366, Level: 100

    Real Name
    Richard
    Location
    Pacifica, California
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Online
    7 Hours Ago
    Posts
    10,518 / 15 / 698 / 2031
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

  4. #3
    Points: 256, Level: 5

    Joined
    Jun 2021
    Online
    2 Weeks Ago
    Posts
    4 / 0 / 0 / 0
    Thanks Richard… That’s the typical drawing I’ve been seeing. No part number on that wire. Just the whole assembly for $400+.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Richard230's Avatar
    Points: 289,366, Level: 100

    Real Name
    Richard
    Location
    Pacifica, California
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Online
    7 Hours Ago
    Posts
    10,518 / 15 / 698 / 2031
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Thanks Richard… That’s the typical drawing I’ve been seeing. No part number on that wire. Just the whole assembly for $400+.
    That is the way BMW typically likes to sell their parts - as complete assemblies. Just try to buy individual Brembo caliper parts to rebuild your BMW's brakes some time.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

  7. #5
    Points: 28,479, Level: 100

    Real Name
    Jim
    Location
    Charlotte, NC, USA.
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Online
    1 Day Ago
    Posts
    2,235 / 0 / 166 / 204
    Motorcycle
    '09 F650GS (Twin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    That is the way BMW typically likes to sell their parts - as complete assemblies. Just try to buy individual Brembo caliper parts to rebuild your BMW's brakes some time.
    Don't get me started on that parts-for-calipers crap Richard

    And yeah... Sorry @nautilus ... you're gonna have to craft a replacement yourself or get a buddy to do it ....
    even the "consumable" part of the assembly - the fuel filter is not available from BMW separately....
    Blue 2009 F650GS - H-B crash bars, TT luggage rack, Pelican top case, BMW Vario Panniers & bash plate, 20mm handlebar risers, LED voltmeter, Sargent seat, MudSling, a few other trinkets ... I may be just about at the end of the farkle train  

  8. #6
    Points: 4,765, Level: 47

    Real Name
    Roy Rowlett
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Joined
    May 2015
    Online
    1 Week Ago
    Posts
    19 / 0 / 0 / 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Hey guys (and gals)…

    Had a crank but no start issue. Turns out it was the wiring from my fuel pump to the fuel pump controller connection. Does anyone have a part number for that small wiring harness???

    2014 F800GS
    Go to the microfiche. Section 61 has all the repair pigtails and connectors. Match up to yours and splice as necessary. Never have seen the wire fail, but replaced and bypassed several controllers.

  9. Likes jrwooden liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •