BMW F800 Forum banner

Used F800ST spare parts availability

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Randyjaco 
#1 ·
Hi all !

I just moved to Berlin, and have been looking into getting a used F800ST.
As far as I see there are some 2009+ models available with not so many miles (30-50k km)
A particular one has 20k km (12.4 k miles) though, which I think is quite low, but the front fairing is scratched.
That lead me to look for replacement part price (it is quite expensive) but during that search I saw that those replacement parts are discontinued by BMW.
Will I have problems finding spare parts if I get an F800ST around 2010 model?
Ideally I would like a bike with some aftermarket parts which seem hard to find as well, but I guess I have to be lucky for that..

It looks like a fun bike for commuting/trips and I'd like to get one but I'm a bit reluctant.

Thanks a lot

#3 ·
You get plenty of mechanical spares, and parts from BMW and aftermarket places too (Motorworks for one).

If its only a scratch on the bodywork, why not get it into a bodyshop to get it repaired? The mechanical side is what you need to be right, the aesthetics is something which isn't crucial and can be fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.