FS: 2015 F800GT "project" bike. (Asheville, NC, USA) - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

13 Hours Ago
    My priorities have changed and I need to let go of the F800GT that I recently acquired.

The story: the bike was bought new by the first owner who lowsided it under a guard rail after only 1200 miles. He got scared and traded it to an independent BMW mechanic for work on his other bikes (airheads). My friend the mechanic acquired all the parts to repair it but got a corporate job and the bike sat for a few years. I bought it from him last fall as a winter project and possible street bike (my other bikes are dirt-oriented dual sports). I fixed the remaining mechanical issues, replaced parts like oil and air filter, drained the tank, clean the fuel pump pickup, new battery, etc. And I got the bike to rideable condition EXCEPT, none of the plastics/fairings are on it. I have them all, and they are in decent condition but they need to be prepped and painted, and I hate doing bodywork. I thought about spray-painting and just running it but I have another project that came up, and I didn't want to put paint on it that would mess it up if someone wants to do a proper paint job.

The good: BMW F800GT with low miles, ABS, ASC, heated grips, onboard computer, factory cases rack and Givi topcase rack. Runs, rides, brakes, etc. It can be test ridden. No codes except for the turn signals (I have them, just not mounted since the fairings are off. Clean title (not salvage or rebuilt).

The bad: needs a new tire and a tag light, and it needs to be repainted. It was blue if it matters...

I can send you the VIN via PM if you want to run it through a decoder. I will try to add pictures later today. I can also text pics of whatever you want, just PM me your number.

All questions welcome. Thanks.

Asking price: $2700 as-is.

2. Likes Daboo liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

13 Hours Ago
    Some quick pictures from my overcrowded garage (part of the reason for the sale). The last pic was the bike as I got it. Click on pics for a bigger version.
    Last edited by dbarale; 2 Days Ago at 01:35 PM.

13 Hours Ago
    Sale pending. I will update if it doesn’t work out.

6. Likes mnbikeguy liked this post
  7. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Dave
    3 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '16 F800GT
    You might want to check the pictures. Some inapropriate content is also being displayed.
    F800GT in blue known as "The Blue Bat"
    Based near Peterborough, Cambridge, UK 

13 Hours Ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogbody View Post
    You might want to check the pictures. Some inapropriate content is also being displayed.
    Seriously? Sorry about that. I'll remove them.