murdering my f800GS - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Chris McNeil
    10-06-10
    check it:

2. ThanksBrENDURO, SunnY, Roadpizza, Johann, Jason C and 4 others thanked for this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Andrew
    08-18-14
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800S
    awesome!!

glad you still stop by here every once and a while teach.

Real Name
    Brendan
    07-02-14
    Motorcycle
    '09 F650GS (Twin)
    Nice!
    Brendan 

6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Cascade Locks, Oregon, US Roadpizza is online Volunteer Moderator - Global

Real Name
    Philip
    24 Minutes Ago
    3:50 proves that I can ride just like you.... Woo Hoo!
    http://www.thefcconnection.com/pictu...the_week22.htm
    BMW F800S…….
    po tym jak zatwierdzę wiadomo¶ć

Ezekiel 23:19-20 

Real Name
    Sandro P
    07-04-18
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800S
    That was GREAT!

Your bike control is phenomenal.

You fought that highside right to the bitter end. You are obviously very talented.

Thanks Teach.

Last edited by SunnY; 09-17-10 at 07:54 AM.
    What feels better than banking a motorcycle over into a corner? 

02-20-12
    Former - 2007 F800ST Graphitian
    Current - 2010 R1200 GS/A

Real Name
    aL
    08-24-18
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800ST
    yeah i saw that over at bayarearidersforum... wow teach you are AWESOME. i remember seeing u at laguna this year and that was a blast.

I gotta hand it to you, doing all those crazy stunts on a stock bike is neato! i want a GS now... wiht crash bars and luggage... i wotn be doing stoppies tho
    my gear: shoei multitec helmet; Dainese textile D-system D-dry jacket, pants, and gloves; JoeRocket boots
    my bike: champagne f800st; remus hexacone; bmw panniers, garmin nuvi 550; airhawk; 

Real Name
    Teep
    Motorcycle
    '11 F800R
    hello moto! always a pleasure! thanks for sharing!

-tp

Real Name
    Pete
    04-18-18
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800GS
    I noticed your GoPro video camera jumping ship at one point. Was that the glue fixing failing or the plastic adapters? (Just so's I know when I start doing my stunts )
    [COLOR=Red]2013 F800GS Cordoba blue/black, ABS, ASC, ESA, heated grips, centrestand, BMW vario cases, Scottoiler, Touratech hand protectors, Powerbronze flip-up screen Number of ABS extended releases: None 

13. ThanksScorch thanked for this post

Real Name
    Chris McNeil
    10-06-10
    thanks guys, had a blast filming this one...only about two hours of footage.

feel free to post this up anywhere you see fit, it's hilarious!

go pro fell off using the suction cup method...happens. fell off rear fender of dirtbike as well once before. it's a pretty hard hit as i almost ate it.

17in wheels from woody's wheel works

Real Name
    Ross
    03-01-19
    Motorcycle
    '02 GSX-R 1000
    Motorcycle
    '15 R1200RS
    Motorcycle
    '12 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800S
    *Grins*

Watching Teach stunting always makes me happy!

Keep it up, dude. You're awesome!
    Formerly on a Lahar Grey F800S, then after 47,000 happy miles it was traded in for a new Midnight Black F800ST, which was more or less converted back to an S. And now I'm on a brand new R1200RS, which is rather awesome! I'll still stick around if you'll have me, though, as my wife is now on the F800... 

Real Name
    Andrew
    08-18-14
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800S
    Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    thanks guys, had a blast filming this one...only about two hours of footage.

feel free to post this up anywhere you see fit, it's hilarious!

go pro fell off using the suction cup method...happens. fell off rear fender of dirtbike as well once before. it's a pretty hard hit as i almost ate it.

17in wheels from woody's wheel works
    I posted it here if you wanna see what people are saying

http://pnwriders.com/general-discuss...f800gs-do.html

lotta BMW haters on that forum though

Consensus seems to be "He can make any bike do that, it's the rider"

then of course the KTM group jumped in saying their bikes could do it too :-p

Real Name
    Chris McNeil
    10-06-10
    thanks...i would make an account and get involved but i have too many already.

you can pass it on though:

top case comes open ONLY because i flipped the bike over in may and the top case saved me, so i severely bent it causing the buckle damage.

i've been beating on that bike just like that for a year, every day. for a year. i've changed the oil once.

it has stock suspension, brakes, clutch, and motor. i recently put 17in wheels from woodys wheelworks on there and i have a leo vince pipe. besides those two performance mods, everything is bolt on.

yes, i can do that on any bike, but none of the ones listed, especially the turd of a drz400 are nearly as fun or powerful or handle as well, and i've ridden a lot of different bikes.

the GS is the sickest bike i've ever ridden. if i had to BUY ONLY ONE BIKE it would be a 800GS without a doubt. i can and HAVE taken that exact same bike in the twisties and hung with cbr600's, hypermotards, and just about everything else...and no, it wasn't with a bunch of squids. I've also taken that same stock bike 450 miles across the desert at ridiculously high speeds and beat the snot out of it with nary a problem. as a matter of fact, it was LA to Barstow to Vegas last year and I took all the 'hard' routes on the bike with no problems.

you can also tell them that i've gone riding with no bags, and just knobbies at Carnegie ohrv park in nor cal and gone on 80% of the trails i go on with my dirtbike. i've also blown the doors off of 450's on the la-b-v ride in many, many places. single track? haha, bring it, that bike shits on a lot of motorcycles, maybe a little pricey for offroading, but i've got 5k miles total on two of them and literally have not had a single problem with them.

as for the bags being empty...no kidding, full bags is like having a passenger on the back, any bike will handle slightly worse with full bags. the video was made to show the performance (clearly demonstrated) and the toughness (also clearly demonstrated) of the bike and the Twisted throttle accessories. anyone who can't see the quality of both units is really just ignorant.

i do to these bikes and equipment what very, very few people can and i abuse the ever living snot out of them.

for the bloke that commented on the jumping...it's an enduro bike...can your 600rr take any sort of jump? can your drz get above 80 mph? didn't think so on either account. the fast sections in the vid are at about 90mph in 3rd/4th gear. the bike tops out somewhere around 130. it's a sportbike combined with a dirtbike. the table top was about 30 feet long and i flat landed the bike...seemed to take it no problem...take a 450 and flat land off a jump similarly at the limit of what is known for the bike and it will bottom out as well.

all in all, i love the bike and the accessories and i'll put that bike up against anything anyone has in an all around motorcycle challenge.

let's do it right: lap times, 1/4 mile times, distance riding, adventure riding, hill climbs, mx track, enduro riding...and find a bike that is better than this thing.

rant over.

18. ThanksKelsow, Scorch thanked for this post
    Real Name
    Andrew
    08-18-14
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800S
    ahaha, wow, thanks teach I'll be sure to pass that along. Don't stress to much over it though, haters always gonna hate.

Real Name
    Chris McNeil
    10-06-10
    haha, thanks man...i enjoy guys like that.

post this up for the guy who made the comment about the 21in front rim:

I'm not really mad at all, i want the vid to get hits, it's good for me and everyone involved; i just like to argue a bit and when i do, i like to argue the next point they are going to make before they make it. lol

been smiling for days!

Real Name
    Chris McNeil
    10-06-10
    or this:

haha, the more hits the merrier!

Real Name
    Sandro P
    07-04-18
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800S
    Teach...... what tires were you running on that first vid?

Real Name
    Chris McNeil
    10-06-10
    metzeler m3 on the front and a sport touring tire on the rear, think its a sportec

Real Name
    Sandro P
    07-04-18
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800S

I'm not really mad at all, i want the vid to get hits, it's good for me and everyone involved; i just like to argue a bit and when i do, i like to argue the next point they are going to make before they make it. lol

been smiling for days!
    Hey, can you argue this point that one of the guys is stating in the other forum?

"All the guys that compete against Teach in the stunt competition community in the US, have a running joke that Teach is always working on his GS's before an event. Apparently they break down alot! Granted thats using the bike for stunting which it is no designed for, but none of the bikes being used are.... "

Real Name
    Pete
    04-18-18
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800GS
    the GS is the sickest bike i've ever ridden. if i had to BUY ONLY ONE BIKE it would be a 800GS without a doubt.

I've been trying to tell people on this forum what a great all-round bike this is. It seems to be mainly full of S and ST owners complaining about ABS extended release. GET A GS!!!

Quotes from my recent track day on the GS:

Blackbird rider - "Your bike is fast"
    Fireblade rider - "You were quick on that"
    Photographer - "You wouldn't want to lean it more than that with a 21" front wheel"
    [COLOR=Red]2013 F800GS Cordoba blue/black, ABS, ASC, ESA, heated grips, centrestand, BMW vario cases, Scottoiler, Touratech hand protectors, Powerbronze flip-up screen Number of ABS extended releases: None 

Real Name
    Tim
    09-11-14
    Motorcycle
    '09 F650GS (Twin)
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Love it Chris! Now grab a 650GS and see if it still can have all that fun with the slightly less horse power

Then I'll know I can get silly...

Cheers!
    Tim
    F800ST (2008/01) modified like mad || F650GS with TKC80's and full crashbars || GS-911 available in the Barrie, Ontario area. 

Real Name
    Chris McNeil
    10-06-10
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnY View Post
    Hey, can you argue this point that one of the guys is stating in the other forum?

"All the guys that compete against Teach in the stunt competition community in the US, have a running joke that Teach is always working on his GS's before an event. Apparently they break down alot! Granted thats using the bike for stunting which it is no designed for, but none of the bikes being used are.... "

ya that was 2 or 3 years ago when i was on only the f800S. with a belt drive i had to convert it to chain and i was snapping swingarms like it was my job. i also had a lot of issues with the airbox and throttle cables...mostly bc i only could get stock parts and not the factory parts that pfeiffer was getting. now all those guys are on f800R's.

i let everyone ride my GS's and to a man, they all love the bike. the only issue i've ever had with BMW's has been those S's and that was really my first year and half on beemers so I didn't really understand the bikes.

no issues with my s1000RR after a year of abuse as well. bmw is a much different product now than they were 4-5 years ago.

Real Name
    Andrew
    08-18-14
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800S
    ya that was 2 or 3 years ago when i was on only the f800S. with a belt drive i had to convert it to chain and i was snapping swingarms like it was my job. i also had a lot of issues with the airbox and throttle cables...mostly bc i only could get stock parts and not the factory parts that pfeiffer was getting. now all those guys are on f800R's.

i let everyone ride my GS's and to a man, they all love the bike. the only issue i've ever had with BMW's has been those S's and that was really my first year and half on beemers so I didn't really understand the bikes.

no issues with my s1000RR after a year of abuse as well. bmw is a much different product now than they were 4-5 years ago.
    I'm glad you're not on the S anymore....made me look bad! "yeah man I saw a youtube video of this guy on your bike, same color too! Why can't you do that?" hahaha

I'm slowly learning more and more on my ATK that I picked up a couple months ago, loving the sumo conversion.

It's a rotax motor too!

okay by learning more I mean getting better at wheelies

Real Name
    Chris McNeil
    10-06-10
    sumo's are fun...have 17's on my 450x as well and i love it. bike is a little soft and a little slow comparatively but...

one more comment...someone said i'm sponsored and that i get to choose...he's right. i really do ONLY use stuff that I am comfortable standing behind. i've had the same sponsors practically my whole career and i think it is either the best, or an awesome product, bmw included.

30. ThanksRoadpizza thanked for this post