BMW F800 Forum banner

Tropical Depression 16

6K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Pete O Static 
#1 ·
Not to rain on our parade, but those coming to the rally might want to keep an eye on "Tropical Depression 16" as shown on weather.com, and their predictions for a track north. At this point, it looks like it will pass JUST east of our rally point.

#4 ·
if i bring all my rain gear, it will be perfect weather! I left last year in a downpour, so what the heck. Guess 'South Bound" will be playing. [:)]

#9 ·
Well..thanks, Mike. I was now jinxed and rode through 3-4 hours of rain today! :rolleyes: Got a late start and made it Southern VA today. Weather was not bad until Maryland.

Looking at WTC, it looks like Friday and Saturday should be very nice though. Some rain tomorrow, but the heavy stuff is closer to the shore.

#10 ·
Was just looking at that system and for me, coming from Toronto, looks like West is best. Was planning on coming down via Pittsburgh but will now jog a little West and come down via Akron and I-77 through Charleston WV, staying more or less in the sunshine, then pick up I-81. Mike, what route are you taking? Looks like I will be passing through your back yard!

Gotta love wunderground's road map feature. Combines google maps with weather map, satellite and weather imagery overlays.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.