BMW F800 Forum banner

What Beer, Ale,Grog

294K views 648 replies 50 participants last post by  uphamglennn 
#1 ·
With the winter making it's way into the everyday lives of most of us, I thought it would be good to get a handle on what you folks find appealing to quench the thirst while relaxing by the fireside or down at your favorite drinking hole as you wait for spring to arrive.....

#280 ·
I'm the same way. Pumpkin pie is my favorite thing, and even like eating roasted pumpkin itself, but most everything with pumpkin in it sucks. Its usually as you say the spice that's overdone. That and many instances the base product isn't quality.
Try the King. I'm sure you'll like it. It would hold up as a good ale even without the pumpkin, and they used real mashed pumkin in the fermentation process not just the oils or flavoring, which also keeps that perfumey character away.

#291 · (Edited)
Anthony, Wegman's had the 22oz bottles of Southern Tier Pumpking available this weekend. I was a bit surprised by $8.89 a bottle price, but saw that the 22 oz. premiums go for about the same price at the liquor wholesaler I also visit.

You are correct that it has a lighter spicing than some of the others I have tried. It is not overpowered with cinnamon but can taste the array of flavors like nutmeg and maybe allspice. A nice hoppiness shows through. It has nice, natural carbonation and texture.

So, finally, a drinkable pumpkin ale! Still not sure I would want to drink year-round (if it was so offered) but a good choice for seasonal pumpkin brews!

A pic in the tasting room (garage) ��

Bottle Glass bottle Bottle cap Alcoholic beverage Fluid

Reactions: Roadpizza
#285 ·
A blatent photoshop if I have ever seen one :)

Having one of the Very Best hops myself (VB) at the mo' :-0

Reactions: DWS
#287 ·
Beer, BBQ sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic and beer, also anything else you have or....... can think of....:)

#288 ·
Currently resting my liver after testing it significantly last Saturday evening. While offroading and overnighting up north in Muskoka, a bottle of something known as Bulleit found its way between a fellow rider and I, and was consumed in entirety during one bonfire sitting, accompanied by many fine women from parts international, as well as drums and a guitar. Devious trails, able motorcycles, weeping guitars, tight drums, smooth whiskey, a billion constellations, autumn air, a hot fire and a few well found friends -- this be how the soul is rebalanced.

#292 ·
ah, a beautiful sight. Pumpking and garage stuff :)

Glad you like it. Yes it's pricey as are a good many of the 22 ounce imperials out there, but I find it's worth it. You can't really drink it year round as it does sort of get to you after a couple months, but it's a nice octoberfest alternative during the fall. I'm a couple weeks away from my saturation point, but I've really enjoyed it since beginning of August.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Probably won't be around for munch longer. Drink up! [booze]

#305 ·
Speaking of beer: I just saw a report on the 5pm San Francisco Channel 5 TV news that the SF Giants are selling empty Budweiser beer cans that they drank in the locker room for $69 each. You definitely need to add a few of those to your empty beer can collection. :rolleyes: Go Giants! [:D]

#306 ·
There is already boob scotch :)

On the 8th November I am going to Canberra's 'Beer Day Out'
Should be fun...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.