BMW F800 Forum banner

Rally Week, Continued

10K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Roadpizza 
#1 ·
#5 ·
One of the things keeping me from the rally is the lack of time I have available--if you can swing that time, by ALL MEANS do that route. No sense driving all that way for a 2 day trip...

#8 ·
I might suggest some adaption to your route... namely bypassing Salt Lake...I'll be heading back to Oregon so maybe there can be an extra rider for part of the trip north....
Map embedded... That is when I saw the Salt Lake business...

#12 ·
Roadpizza, I'd never been through the Salt LAke area before a couple years ago. I was impressed with the geology of the area. Looking at the mountain ranges and realizing that the marks on the mountains were the bath tub rings of the ancient lake. The back roads leading to Park City were fun too, except for the nail I picked up in the rear tire.

#14 · (Edited)
Rob, what days are you looking at? I just saw this thread and am thinking about going out for the rally. I have the weekend prior off. Four day weekend actually with Fri 2nd and Mon 5th off. Was considering making a Long trip out of it. I'd need to be home on Fri the 16th.

Btw, I'm headed out to the Bloomsburg Rally Wed morning until Sun.

I live just 30 mins south of Pittsburgh and ride a 2010 f800gs.

Always looking for someone to ride with.

#17 ·
Cody Museum is a must see. I especialy liked the huge gun museum in the basement. I am not a gun nut but this collection is worldwide and world famous. The rest of the museum is just as great. You will never see anything like it! Been there many times. You are only sixty miles from Beartooth Pass. Do it and get the T-shirt. ( Harley dealer in Red Lodge)

Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.