#1 ·
Rivers and Homes by j.viewz for me.

Reactions: mcmonkey mcbean
#6 ·
Where do I get one, PLEASE. The renos are getting to us.[ahh][ahh]

Reactions: Roadpizza
#4 ·
This dude at the moment

This woman because I love the singer and I love the song and I love the way she sings from deep in her heart and soul, and it touches mine every time I watch it

#7 ·
In the car it could be:

or

or

or

or

or even,

It all depends on what mood I'm in.

Ah, the joys of using a flash drive in the car, 20 albums on the stick and still room to spare.[:D]

#12 ·
Just came back from a job, listening to this with the volume right up, love the beginning [:)].

#17 ·
this morning I listened to the radio this symphony...

I know the "titan" very well because I spent lots of time to study how the sound grows up from the silence and when I listen to it I recall in my mind the full score... the initial magma sound gradually becomes a definite sound and the main theme of the symphony slowly rises from the masterly orchestration of mahler, but the most important thing is that you notice the sound as "pre-existent". the silence is a place full of sound where the sound dies and then gets a new life. this is what mahler shows us with the incipit of his first symphony: a strange place called "silence".
I love mahler's music!

#18 ·
Jupiter, Bringer of Jollity

Skip to 3:07, and prepare to be blown away. For classical fans... it just doesn't get any better. Went and bought a suit just so I could go to the Nashville Symphony and hear this one.

#22 ·
another piece of silence...

webern's "variationen für klavier" op. 27 is a twelve tone composition. in this first movement the series is displayed in a strange way: if you see the first four measures you notice that the twelve notes make four curls, not really in an chord sequence because the time value of the first two notes is different from the third note and the time shift make a curl, the second "chord" is a mirrored image of the first and so on. webern's series affect also many others composition parameters (metrics division, agogia, dynamics...), but not always with the same severity he put on twelve note series and its development. the "pianissimo" range is quite usual, even if th.w. adorno used to call anton webern "the triple p composer", here you never see a triple p, but the dynamic range give us, anyway, the idea of the silence, the same silence of mahler's "titan" incipit. webern's music is view of the human misery from an incredible mountain height, so high that seem to be above the sky... sometime this view can hurt.

Reactions: DWS
#25 ·
Teep, I thought this would be more like Dunny riding to work.[:D]

Reactions: Teep and pammmy
#29 ·
erin, maybe the reason you feel in an empty house is just because your approach is influenced by four centuries of tonal music, a different way to listen to that music could turn the "bad memories" into good thoughts... sometimes we need to get our time to change our opinions, and sometime we don't change opinions, and both things are right.

#31 ·
You are most likely right, you need to be in a good place in you head to have the patience and attitude to listening to something new, but it is good to be pushed along and given a chance to listen to something else...thank-you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.