Gerbing Liner to Accessory Socket - BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Jim
    02-01-16
    Motorcycle
    '14 F700GS
    Has anybody actually tried plugging a Gerbing liner into the BMW CAM-BUS Accessort Socket and running it in the low to mid tempurature range only (so as not to exceed the amp amp max draw)?

I do have a pigtail up front that connects to a Yuasa Battery Charger; anyone know how to get that to connect to the liner? Looks like the Coax to SAE adapter attachment below might do it - anybody know?

I have a 2011 F650GS. I searched other threads on this but none seemed to address this exact question. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coax_to_SAE.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	29387  

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

04-03-14
    Motorcycle
    '07 R1200RT
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    To your first question, it might work, I have not tried it given I use gloves and a liner, which definitely won't work.
    Question two: that adapter should work, but you need to check the fuse rating for the Yuasa pig-tail. Some are only 3-5 amp.
    My Steed: 2008 f800ST low, Givi V35, SkidmarxDB, 'Glenda' Aux Lights, Mirror Extenders
    Vher's Blog

notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

12 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    For the 400th time, it don't workee! Wire it directly to the battery. There are connectors that adapt one plug style to another. Get the right stuff from the get go and make it easy.
    It's not cheap to get the Gerbing stuff but it really works and ignore the farking BMW outlet. It's a joke.
    I spent a couple hours this morning watching folks spend many dollars getting Gerbing stuff at Irv Seaver cus they had 20% off. Too bad the heated boot inserts didn't fit. Dang!

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Jim
    02-01-16
    Motorcycle
    '14 F700GS
    Thanks guys and yes the fuse in the pigtail would probably be an issue. Now I'm leaning forwards going with the battery
    (BAT-LI-128MVKT) solution. For the same price of the controller + labor I could use get the battery (comes with controller) and also use the heating for bicycling, camping, etc. Also leaning towards the Extreme Element Jacket as I only own a leather one.
    Any thoughts on that?

notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

12 Hours Ago
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    If the EE jacket is anywhere near as good as the rest of the Gerbing stuff, it will perform well. I gots the old style and new style wired jacket liners. Love them. They back their products well. The newer micro wire is really nice, heats up quick and the dual controller for the gloves and jacket allow for just the 'right' temps.
    Just DO IT.

Real Name
    Kevin
    12-15-14
    Motorcycle
    '11 F800R
    I just took the BMW accessorie outlet off and replaced with the gerbing socket. Now my f800r is good to go. Just wire up to the battery and disconnect the old hook up or outlet. Good thing there is a nice spot for the new socket. Hardest part was getting the nut loose from behind the port.