BMW F800 Forum banner

Wisconsin

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  RoadRogue 
#1 ·
Saw a grey F800ST in Muskego, WI today about a mile from my house. Rare to see any F800 around here, much less an ST.

Happy to meet up if you're interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Small world. I saw you coming out of the Jets gas station on the corner of Janesville and Moorland. I was on my blue ST. I have a fiend who also has a blue one who lives in the Big Bend area. Hard to believe there are 3 of us within 10 miles. Let me know if you ever need any tools or the Haynes manual. I've been working on and riding my F800 for 7 years now.

#9 ·
I can help with the service reminder. Several years ago, armed with info from this forum, I purchased an OBD dongle and adapter that when coupled with a BMW-specific app will reset the reminders. It's been resetting service reminders on R and F bikes for some time now. The app has several license levels; the free version lets you look at stuff and the first paid level allows the service reset. That's as far as I've gone with it. I could see myself getting into trouble if I had access to more stuff . . . Both of you are welcome to stop by and give it a go.

BTW, although I've lived in SE WI for several decades now, I've only recently availed myself of the DOT's "Rustic Road Motorcycle Tour". It's been enjoyable to get out shortly after sunrise and find a couple Rustic Roads before the heat of the day sets in. We could add a meet-up in there sometime. Also retired here.

#6 ·
Yeah, I can't help with that. You'll get used to it. Mine has been on for the whole 7 years I've owned it and I don't even see it anymore. I don't have a GS-911.

#11 ·
Let me know if you both decide to get together. I live between the two of you and don't work until August 24th, so I'm free.

#13 ·
Sounds good. Weather looks great all week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.