BMW F800 Forum banner

New clutch needed

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  chi2can 
#1 ·
Looks like I need a new clutch. My clutch has started slipping pretty badly over the last 10,000 miles or so. Last clutch was replaced at dealer about 80,000 miles ago. Thinking about doing this one myself. Looks to be only about two hours of work, if that. Has anyone done a clutch on their bike by themselves? Any gotchas?

#3 ·
What mileage did you get out your first clutch?
I think it's failry straight forward but there have been some improvements in the clutch design so you may need to ensure you match it to the engine number or VIN.

#6 ·
Replaced mine 3 days before a 6000 trip. Easy peasy to do.
Just have to be careful pulling the side case off. The shift lever can pop out if you're not careful.
Not a big deal getting it back in but you never know.

I replaced mine with a "kit" It was $586.83 CDN [xx(]

I could have gotten away with just the inner and outer moxt friction discs I believe. They were the only ones that showed signs of wearing.
Make sure you do get a new gasket. Some can tear when you remove them.

#8 ·
Easy peasy to do.
Just have to be careful pulling the side case off. The shift lever can pop out if you're not careful.
Not a big deal getting it back in but you never know.

I replaced mine with a "kit" It was $586.83 CDN [xx(]

I could have gotten away with just the inner and outer moxt friction discs I believe. They were the only ones that showed signs of wearing.
Make sure you do get a new gasket. Some can tear when you remove them.
Thanks! and good to know!

Between track days, drag racing, and general tough street use, I am certain my clutch will need replacing sooner than later.

I am happy to hear its easy to do!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.