BMW F800 Forum banner

3D Printed Parts

7K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Buzzz 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

I´m a big fan of DIY, and recently bought a 3D printer.
Does anybody of you have parts to share? I was able to download the Cover for the lights as I am on leds now, and the originals where to short.
There are many other pieces that can be done, like GPS support, handguards, brake/clutch lever, etc. etc.

Thanks.

#3 ·
Which printer(s) do you guys have?

I guess I'm behind the times as I didn't think any of the "consumer-affordable" 3D printers could produce "stressed" parts like clutch/brake levers?

#8 ·
HI.

Im using an Ender3 Pro, less than 200€ and very very good quality.. I havent worked on any part prone to stress, but i will as soon as I get carbon fiber filament. I dont know if its worth to print standard parts like brake/clutch levers when you can get them in aliexpress fro 5€, and made of steel/aluminium.

#10 ·
I have published my thing yesterday on thinkgiverse, but it has been flagged only a few hours after by the moderation team.
It seems BMW is touchy on IP and doesn't allow the use of any logo or product name. I don't know if I'll be able to share "my" design...

#17 ·
I have recently bought new wheels for my ST and wanted to take the opportunity to retrofit a TPMS system to it.
Therefore, I have bought a cheap used RDC module. But I haven't paid enough attention and the module came without its support tray.
Instead of looking for one or even buying a new one at the cost of caviar, I have made my own for around $2...

#19 ·
Over on the Short People group we were discussing the turn signal cancellation button on early F800s. There are no fixes available in the US. So I went out to my shop and cobbled out a fix from a piece of aluminum. The fix works perfectly for me and particularly with gloves on. After looking at my finished product, I decided that this part is a perfect application for you 3-D printer guys. I would think that this part could be made and be made much more elegantly for next to nothing. (The Euopean version is $54 plus shipping, if you can get it) It attaches directly to the cancel button via a 8-32 stainless screw. I have attached some photos. Free to the enterprising sole who wants to make them.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.