BMW F800 Forum banner

HID conversion on R1200R

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  JohnRicketts 
#1 ·
I've traded in my 800ST for a 2011 model R1200R with just 450 miles on the clock. I found the posts here very very helpful indeed in coming to that decision, so thanks to all of you. I'm thinking of doing a HID conversion. I had one on the ST and was convinced that it made me far more visible and hence safer. Any views or experiences to relate? Thanks

#4 ·
I put an HID on my former F800ST but after being confronted with them on other bikes and cars I've decided they're completely obnoxious, unnecessary & not worth the bother. And on the R, they erode the classic roadster character. So I've bought a set of Denali D2's to put up front instead and gonna look like this [8)][:)][8)] instead of this [8)]

#8 ·
Have just ordered some 100w H7's for my RT.... (not strictly road legal though, but on country lanes at night they could be a life-saver). Slightly concerned about the additional heat over the 55w standard ones (not that it ever gets hot in the UK!). Does anyone have experience of these?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.