BMW F800 Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 31 Results
  1. Motorcycle News, Views, and Reviews
    I thought I would share a word to the wise with you. Last year, September actually, I came back from a nice few weeks away in my motorhome. I parked it on my drive and started clearing things off as one does, along with other checks around the vehicle. This is when I noticed a dent in the...
  2. New Member Introductions
    I've just discovered something (for me anyway). If you click on your location it takes you to Google Maps. How's that for clever...
  3. New Member Introductions
    Hey guys[:D]. It's thanks to this forum I decided to buy the F800ST. As it was a bit of an emotional buy there are some things wrong with it. Mostly the lack of care from it's original UK owner as a lot of the bike is covered in rust. Anyway, it's a 2006 bike with 70k km on it, blue color (...
  4. New Member Introductions
    Just bought an F800S . MY 4th F bike.Well 3 really as I bought my Yellow F800S twice. Had a F800gs and an F700gs . Latest is a white aluminium 2010 F800S 19,000 Miles. Standard with rear rack ,ABS,led indicators ,heated grips and centre stand. Just ordered an r1200gs rear led rear light unit...
  5. F800S & F800ST Discussion
    I just know that I am gonna feel stupid with this one, BUT I've just noticed that the rear tyre valve on my ST is on the near side (L/H side) but on the front its on the offside (R/H side) and I don't remember having this problem, and as I've recently had new tyres fitted, it has me thinking...
  6. New Member Introductions
    Hi All, yet to buy an F series bike. Just sold my R1100GS as I needed something lighter, not sure what yet,but either a GS or ST I expect. Mostly camping trips with BMW Club and friends. Will be trawling for advice. If anyone knows of nice bike available let me know :) Lots of previous BMs...
  7. F800GT Discussion
    I'd like to make a modification (eliminating the fender) on my F800GT to make it look like the attached pictures, but I wondering it would be legal since I see no way for the license plate light ? Any idea ?
  8. New Member Introductions
    Hi everyone In my many decades of riding l have never had a BMW so just before Christmas l bought a 2007 F800ST. I also have a Yamaha FZ1 Fazer. So far l like the ST but now spending many hours reading the threads referring to stalling; yes mine does it but as l did not pay a fortune for the...
  9. F800S & F800ST Modification Nation
    I mounted a new Cee Baileys 26 inch touring windshield on my 09 ST and noticed a lot of windshield flex at speed. It seems the three screw mount is barely adequate for a tall windshield. I found some flat plastic covered steel brackets in my junk collection and made supports for the windshield...
  10. New Member Introductions
    Hi guys As title just joined. I am thinking seriously of trading in my 2012 Suzuki V Strom 650 for a used 2014 800 GT. seen a couple at UK dealers. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks in advance TJ
  11. New Member Introductions
    Hello all, I'm chuffed to bits to have taken delivery of a 2013 F800GT in the fetching Valencia Orange yesterday. I think of myself as a relative newbie to bikes. I started riding scooters (Hexagon, X8 250) at the ripe old age of 43 back in 2000 as an expedient solution to commuting, and very...
  12. Off Topic Lounge
    When I am riding my FGT I get a nod or wave from most other bikers. I give a nod or wave to other riders regardless of what they are riding, including learners. However if it's an HD, I wait to see if they nod first, as they often ignore me if I nod first. When riding the T max, my nods are...
  13. New Member Introductions
    Hi all and thank you for an awesome forum. Busy with my DIY 20000km service this weekend. Decided to try a full synthetic engine oil to assist with shifting. Thanks again and have a great weekend all.
  14. New Member Introductions
    Hi fellow riders, I've just purchased a nice 2007 Sunset Yellow F800S, here in Quebec City, Canada. I should probably not be able to ride it until a couple of months (lot of snow this winter [xx(]), but I'm sure I made the right choice. After several other motorcycles, from mono (XR650L) to I4...
  15. F800S & F800ST Modification Nation
    Had some extra LED rear lights installed the other day following my recent 'off'. Picture1 is just the rear lights Picture2 with the brake light showing as well I'm not ecstatic about their position, they're bright enough but I feel they could be located ideally a bit wider than the number...
  16. New Member Introductions
    Just picked up my new 2016 white f800gt! Love it. Hard to keep it under 5k for break in, but doing my best. Mine came with the standard seat, and it's a little tall for me. If anyone wants to trade their low seat for my standard, pm me.
  17. Off Topic Lounge
    Looks to have locked with Phil's disco era entry of 'Freak Out' ☺
  18. F800GT Discussion
    So one year ago yesterday I bought my F800GT. It was a 2014 with 1,500 miles; now I have a little over 11,500 miles on it. Unfortunately nearly all of those miles have been commute miles [:(] I might have had another 1k miles, but I broke a bone in my foot in December that cut back on my...
  19. F800GT Discussion
    Hi All, have y'all noticed how well organised a motorcycle rider has to be before setting off for a journey by motorcycle? Especially in winter! The warm layers, correct safe riding gear, ear plugs, machine readiness, tyre pressures etc. all demand a high level of awareness by the rider. A level...
  20. New Member Introductions
    Located on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada Just picked up a 2007 F800ST with an insanely low mileage count on it (6300km). Looking forward to logging many miles and sharing adventures. Great to join this community. Chris
1-20 of 31 Results