BMW F800 Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 196 Results
  1. F800S & F800ST Discussion
    Hi, I have a 2009 BMW F800ST that has intermittent starting issues. A few months ago my bike started having issues starting, If I boosted it it would go and sometimes I would take the cover off to boost it and it would start before boosting. After a longer ride it would start but after half an...
  2. F800 Specific Classifieds
    I have just purchased a 2009 F800ST. Very excited to receive it this weekend, but as a tall rider of 6'3, I will not be sticking with the low seat for very long. If you have a Tall or Comfort seat and are looking to exchange seats in the West Midlands or London areas (UK) then get in touch...
  3. F800S & F800ST Discussion
    Hey, I have recently passed my UK A2 license, and I'm looking at restricting an F800ST as my first bike. An example popped up recently near me for a very reasonable price, with full BMW luggage (inc. body matched top box) and tasteful touring mods. Only sticking point is the mileage - nearly...
  4. F800S & F800ST Modification Nation
    I wish I had read Seat Shape and padding - Martha Stewart attempt at comfort. first. :) I have considered buying an aftermarket seat for my F800ST. It slants down toward the tank, so I constantly use my legs to keep from sliding into the tank. I stuffed some socks between the bottom plastic...
  5. F800S & F800ST Discussion
    Just did the first oil and filter change on my bike. Recorded a video while I was at it.
  6. F800S & F800ST Discussion
    Hi all! Have a 2007 F800ST, which was working perfectly up to this week. Had a new battery installed recently as the old one was on its last legs. Tried to start it on Wednesday and found that some muppet had cut all of the cables leading to the ignition. The alarm had sounded so they had run...
  7. F800S & F800ST Modification Nation
    Hi all. I'm commuting on my F800 ST, taking a 120km round trip each day. I'm getting a lot of wind buffeting on the motorways. Adding to that, my mounted phone case has scratched away some of the tint from my old windshield. Ideally looking for something tall with a smoke tint that won't...
  8. F800S & F800ST Discussion
    Hi All, There are 3 screws that hold the windscreen on to the metal plate. I was changing out from the original (my summer screen) to the Madstad (fall, winter). When I put the Madstad on I was unable to fully tighten the two outside screws as if they were stripped or not grabbing the thread...
  9. F800S & F800ST Discussion
    Hi everyone, For some background, I bought my buddy's 2008 F800st at the beginning of this year and have been riding it nearly everyday. It has 28,000 miles on it and it has been lowsided once. When I purchased it I took it to a BMW dealer to have the valves checked and forks resealed. I am...
  10. F800 Specific Classifieds
    This is a like new Corbin seat for a BMW F800ST, S, Gt, and R models, it was used for 450 miles. Perfect condition. Price new was $561.00 sell for $385.00 + shipping from Seattle, 98108 SOLD
  11. F800S & F800ST Discussion
    I know its probably been done to death on the forum, but I couldn't find the answers with a search and I'd appreciate a couple answers; I'm in the process of changing a burnt stator (voltage regulator while I'm at it) on my 2008 F800ST. A decent amount of oil came out of the engine stator...
  12. F800 Specific Classifieds
    Mission Accomplished! I now have side cases, thank you. I would like to buy cases that will mount to the factory brackets if I can find them. Prefer larger hard cases (32-40L) over the stock BMW ones but I'm open to the stock cases too so. This is my first BMW (bike). I'm in the Atlanta, GA...
  13. F800 Specific Classifieds
    Hi I am looking for a top case or a pair of side bags for a F800ST. Please let me know if you have either available. Outside of this I am looking at shipping from Europe which is running rather pricey. Does anyone know where else to get waterproof luggage for this bike?
  14. F800S & F800ST Modification Nation
    Any body have a decent install location for a Denali Sound Bomb on an F800ST?
  15. F800S & F800ST Discussion
    Hi, has someone taken apart the headlight of an F800S/ST/GT without being destructive? Seems next to impossible to do.
  16. Technique, entretien, Tutoriels (tous mod?les)
    Bonjour à tous les riders, J'ai changé mon huile et filtre a huile et je m'aperçois que j'ai de la "mélasse" sur le bouchon de remplissage...donc pas bon....:-( Je voulais savoir si pour un changement de joint de culasse on pouvait le faire sans "descendre le moteur" ou est ce obligatoire ? et...
  17. F800S & F800ST Modification Nation
    Hi Guys and Girls; Based in Cheshire, UK. New to the site so I apologise if I'm covering old ground. My 2008 ST has developed a couple of faults that may or may not be connected. Firstly the engine has started firing up as soon as I put the ignition on, rather than me having to press the...
  18. F800 Specific Classifieds
    I've looked everwhere and can't find any of the old light mounts/brackets for my ST. They quit making them. Does anyone have an old mount or bracket they are willing to part with? Going to mount Denali lights. Thanks, Jason
  19. F800S & F800ST Discussion
    First time posting, hoping someone else has had my same issue... get ready for a downer. 2007 BMW F800ST with ~35,000 miles One day after a wash, I noticed the my ABS light was on and my speedometer was not clocking miles. Later I realized that the odometer was not clocking miles. Thought this...
1-19 of 196 Results